The EYLF or early childhood educators aims to extend and enrich children’s learning from birth to school age. Fundamental to the framework is a view of children’s lives as being characterized by the themes of belonging, being and becoming. It outlines the principles of its approach, different practices for educators to apply in their teaching and a set of learning outcomes that educators strive to meet for your child. These are:
- Children have a strong sense of identity
- Children are connected with and contribute to their world
- Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
- Children are confident and involved learners
- Children are effective communicators
When you read our Reflective Journal and your child’s Portfolio, you will see that we use the Learning Outcomes extensively when thinking about the significance of what your child has been doing at preschool.
Please find a copy of the Early Years Learning Framework here.